Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

Quantum G1100 Static IP

NEIL13764
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Quantum G1100 Static IP

Message 1 of 15
(8,832 Views)
I have a tablet that now gets it IP automatically from the modem but I want to assign it a static IP. I know how to assign static IPs but the device is currently listed in the connections and I do not see a way to delete it. So now when I try to assign a static IP the modem tells me that the mac address is already in the list.
14 REPLIES 14
CRobGauth
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Quantum G1100 Static IP

Message 2 of 15
(8,801 Views)

Try a signing static IP, then reboot router.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
NEIL13764
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 3 of 15
(8,787 Views)
I cannot assign a static IP because when I try I get message that mac address is already in the modem
CRobGauth
Platinum Contributor III

Message 4 of 15
(8,730 Views)

Where do you get the error?

Try it this way:

Turn off the router (its not a modem).

Assign IP on tablet.

Turn on the router.

It should see the IP on the tablet.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
NEIL13764
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 5 of 15
(8,725 Views)
If this would works I still would have a problem when I were to take the laptop to any other wifi network, so I want the router to set the static IP
CRobGauth
Platinum Contributor III

Message 6 of 15
(8,696 Views)

Dont think that quantum router can assign static IPS.

Why do you want/need a static on your tablet?

NEIL13764
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 7 of 15
(8,673 Views)
Router can defintiely assign static IP. I already have done it for 3 devices but they were not in the list of used mac addresses.
Capricorn1
Silver Contributor IV Silver Contributor IV
Silver Contributor IV

Message 8 of 15
(8,665 Views)

I don't have a G1100, so ignore me if I'm way out in left field. I'm working from the 2016 G1100 User Guide I grabbed from here.

Is it possible that the tablet is showing up the way it does because it's in the Wireless MAC Authentication list? That is, in the Wireless Settings under Advanced Settings, Level 2, the access list is enabled and the tablet is in the accept list? If so, maybe you can turn that off for the moment and then go (back) into the DHCP Connections in the Advanced section and try again. If that also works, you can try re-enabling the MAC Authentication list entry for the tablet. Those should be mutually exclusive lists, but maybe not.

[Be nice! We are mostly fellow Verizon customers.
My setup: 75/75 Mbps; Linux router (2x 1Gbps ports) + iptables; Netgear Orbi x 2
NEIL13764
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 9 of 15
(8,646 Views)
It wil be about a week until I can try your suggestion but it sounds like a possibility
NEIL13764
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 10 of 15
(8,501 Views)
I was able to resolve the issue slightly differently. I went into the advanced>IP Distribution>Connection list and then I edited the dynamic address and checked it have it as a "Static Lease Type". Once I did that it showed in the connection list with a "delete"
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title