Quantum G1100 is TOO SLOW to connect to your PC
glnzglnz
Contributor - Level 3

On reboot of my dual-booting PC - whether I boot into the Win 7 or the Win 10 -- I get Error messages in Event Viewer like this:
Event 1001: Your computer was not assigned an address from the network (by the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 0x22151AE6E69F. The following error occurred: 0x79. Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server.

I've worked on this quite a bit, with no solution. Yes, eventually there is a connection, or I couldn't post this here.
Could it be that my Quantum G1100 is slow to make connections when my devices reboot?

Please reboot your PC, let it come up to speed so everything is working, then go into Event Viewer (Win+R, type eventvwr in the box) and see whether you have similar Error messages.

Please psot your results here.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Quantum G1100 is TOO SLOW to connect to your PC - SOLVED
glnzglnz
Contributor - Level 3

Problem is solved.

Thanks to a Reply to my similar post on DSL Reports Forums (Vz FIOS category), I looked for and disabled my additional network connection or adapter for BlackBerry Virtual Private Network.

Solved - No more of these error messages on reboot!

That Reply linked to the following article, which had my solution and also describes other causes for the same error messages.  It is at

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-networking/eventid-1001-dhcp-your-comput...

One down, many to go.

View solution in original post

Re: Quantum G1100 is TOO SLOW to connect to your PC
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I run windows 7. Whenever I boot my PC, i get an IP via dhcp very quickly.

How is PC connected to quantum? Direct via Ethernet?

glnzglnz
Contributor - Level 3

CRob - Wired - short ethernet cable.  My system is only ethernet and (for other devices) WiFi.  The 7+10 machine's NIC is good for 1Gbps.

Thanks for testing.

Looking forward to others' posts as well.

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have Windows 7 and also get an IP very quickly. You could try setting a static IP to that computer to see if that helps.

glnzglnz
Contributor - Level 3

Edg1 - Thanks.  In fact, I DID make this machine Static some time ago, and I just confirmed that in the G1100 settings.

Hmmm.  Wonder what's going on.

0 Likes
Re: Quantum G1100 is TOO SLOW to connect to your PC - SOLVED
glnzglnz
Contributor - Level 3

Problem is solved.

Thanks to a Reply to my similar post on DSL Reports Forums (Vz FIOS category), I looked for and disabled my additional network connection or adapter for BlackBerry Virtual Private Network.

Solved - No more of these error messages on reboot!

That Reply linked to the following article, which had my solution and also describes other causes for the same error messages.  It is at

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-networking/eventid-1001-dhcp-your-comput...

One down, many to go.