Switch Account

Quantum Gateway - How to setup static IP for internal PCs using MAC address

Quantum Gateway - How to setup static IP for internal PCs using MAC address

SOLVED
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

I would like to assign static IP addresses to computers within my home that are connected to the FIOS router.  I would like to do it by using their MAC address so that each time they connect they are given that IP.  I do not need this static IP to be seen outside of my network.  This is only for internal purposes.  So I am talking about assigning internal IPs - e.g. 192.168.1.150 is given to a specific laptop each time it is connected to the internal network.

I do not see an option in the router menus, or in the manual, to add a static IP for an internal computer using MAC address?  Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
MVP Edg1 MVP
MVP

Go to the “Advanced” tab. Then under Routing click “IP Address Distribution”. Click the red box that says “Connection List”. Go to the bottom of that page and you will see another red box that says “Add static connection +”

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Thank you!  I especially like the fact that you can click on an existing lease and convert it to static.  Much easier than entering the MAC address info.

Contributor TonyD500
Contributor

So far so good.   Thanks.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.