Quantum Gateway Router Refund
jflower1

Hi. I am having an issue with being charged for a Gateway router I never received. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I ordered a FIOS service for a July install. I then found a Verizon Quantum Gateway router on eBay and purchased it. I then called Verizon to remove the router from the FIOS order, and the person instructed me to tell the Verizon technician to remove it him/herself so I would not be charged for the router.

When the Verizon technican came for install I told him what I was told by the Verizon customer representative, and the technician agreed to do so. 

I am guessing the technician did not remove the router from the FIOS order because I am now being charged for the router I never received. No router was sent to me by Verizon, and technician did not leave Verizon's own router with me. Instead, the install occurred with my own Verizon Quantum Gateway router.

A month later I received a bill for August that included a charge for a Gateway router (first out of three payments). I called a Verizon customer service representative on 9/2 to explain the situation, and the person told me that it would be refunded. I just received a bill for September, and it includes the second charge for a Gateway router.

I have the receipt from the eBay purchase of my own Verizon Quantum Gateway router. 

I would really like to remove these charges from my bill. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Quantum Gateway Router Refund
jonjones1
Legend

Read this link.

http://www.verizon.com/about/sites/default/files/Internet-ToS-09122017-ENGLISH.pdf

Note article 18. Then do it 

you can also file a complaint at 

http://www.fcc.gov

i don't know what state you reside in but I would contact your state public utilities commission or your state attorney general office.

however I will caution you that all of the above will require proof of having given the router back. Names of people you spoke with as well as you should write a letter of dispute for the cash value Verizon is requesting. Dispute is in writing to the address listed on your bill sent as certified return receipt requested.

0 Likes
Re: Quantum Gateway Router Refund
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi jflower,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes