Quantum Gateway Router and Customer Service Complaint
SYoung2

I am very frustrated with Verizon Fios for three reasons - 1) hours it took to set up the new Quantum Gateway router due to lack of essential information for existing customers 2) the run-around you go through to get help from Verizon and 3) the parental controls touted on this new router don't even work yet. 

Here is a summary of my experience......I ordered and received the Quantum Gateway router specifically for the parental controls.  Set-up was very frustrating.  Apparantantly as a existing router customer, the old router needs to be disassociated before the new router will work.  I found this out by researching this issue on the internet.  None of the information from Verizon alerted me to this.  So after a few hours of frustration, I finally found a telephone number for Verizon customer service and the tech did what he needed to do to disconnect the old router allowing me to get the new one going. 

Next I went to myfiosgateway.com to set up my router settings.  My goal was to set up a time schedule for my child limiting internet access during the week and on the weekends.  I found I could only set up one schedule and not more than one.  I called the Verizon telephone number again and the rep had to connect with another rep to find out why.  This meant looks of waiting on my part.  The rep came back and said....I was just told the parental controls aren't working at all on the quantum router and we don't know when they will work.... I explained to him that this was the only reason I bought the router and would like to know who I can speak to about this.  After waiting on hold for a long time, I was reconnected back to the initial queue as if I were just calling for the first time.  Then.....the new agent told me the best way to complain was to post this message in the FIOS community group.  So here I am.....

0 Likes
Re: Quantum Gateway Router and Customer Service Complaint
ThiaB
Moderator Emeritus

Hi SYoung,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes