Quantum Gateway Xbox Live Problems
JStorm1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ever since i bought this Quantum Gateway router(G1100) i've been having nothing but problems with my Xbox Live Service on both Xbox One & Xbox 360 . i have opened firewall ports for xbox live Servers still having issues with my 360 disconnecting mainly  and im getting a strict NAT on my Xbox One most games will work online but not all. whats with the G1100 router? it's not gaming friendly? and i have the firewall setting on low too. The Actiontec  MI424WR GigE router worked fine.Any plans for firmware updates for the Quantum Gateway soon?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Quantum Gateway Xbox Live Problems
Mystogan
Enthusiast - Level 1

Never mind dude i fixed it. Change your dns settings to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 that should fix it

View solution in original post

Mystogan
Enthusiast - Level 1

im having the same problems man. I Cant even connect any device wirelessly to the new quantum router. I always get dns isnt resolving xbox server names for the x1. Plz someone tell us how to fix this.i tried basically EVERYTHING. port forwaring, static ip, changing the compatibility mode and everything but still no change. Is the router preset with a setting that restricts online connectivity? but it works only when its wired. Someone please help

Mystogan
Enthusiast - Level 1

Never mind dude i fixed it. Change your dns settings to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 that should fix it

JStorm1
Enthusiast - Level 2
I'll give it a try thanks !
0 Likes
vegaclan1
Did it ever work? I just got the router today myself and I've had problems where it boots me off my game and Online on Xbox 360.
0 Likes
Gurm

Nothing has helped so far. Turned firewall completely off, set DNS servers to google (8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4), still getting randomly disconnected. No other device has any issues - in fact, they've all worked FLAWLESSLY. My PS3 stays connected for hours on end, I've never seen a single drop on it. Nor on any of the computers, wired or wireless.

But XBox Live is worthless. I am guaranteed to disconnect anywhere between 5 and 15 minutes. I can't maintain a connection longer than 15 minutes under any circumstances.

0 Likes
InternetIsCool

I'm having this same exact problem. Disconnecting randomly off of xbox live on the xbox one, if you want ill post the link to my post which I said the things I try to do to fix. Maybe those methods can help? https://forums.verizon.com/t5/Fios-Internet/Randomly-disconnecting-from-Xbox-Live-Can-t-find-cause-o...

0 Likes
c634life

i been having this problem for pass 5 months i am not using verizon router using my own EA9500. 

i think problem is fios not router.

0 Likes