Switch Account

Quantum Gateway port forwarding now working

Quantum Gateway port forwarding now working

SOLVED
Contributor waffles2
Contributor
Message 1 of 5
(3,423 Views)

I am setting up a server, which to access the UI needs to have port 443. I dont want to have port 443 open to the public like that, and would rather have the port forward as follows:

Internet --> TCP 10443 --> [internal-IP]:443

I set up the port forwarding in everyway that is possible, putting the port number in each of the slots, still not working. Set up a port forwarding rule, does not work. 

Am i missing something? ive done this on my old DDWRT router and it worked great, no reason it shouldnt work now.

4 REPLIES 4
Contributor waffles2
Contributor
Message 2 of 5
(3,384 Views)

I have figured this out, took me long enough.

Setting up is as follows:

Port Forwarding:

[Select ip/host]    

[Application to forward] = Custom

+++++ ADVANCED SETTINGS +++++

[Protocol] = TCP

[Source Port] = ANY

[Destination Port] = Specific

[Enter external port #]

[Forward to port] = Specific

[Enter Internal Port #]

ADD

Silver Contributor III Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III
Message 3 of 5
(3,370 Views)

If you haven't already, use the DHCP settings in the Advanced menu to set that computer to have a static IP address (via DHCP). That way, the IP won't change when the DHCP lease expires. It probably won't anyway, but this will make sure it doesn't. (It's a good idea for printers, too.)

[Be nice! We are mostly fellow Verizon customers.
My setup: 75/75 Mbps; Linux router (2x 1Gbps ports) + iptables; Linksys WRT1900ACS in Bridge Mode]
Contributor Grudo
Contributor
Message 4 of 5
(2,373 Views)

Thanks big time for this (created an account here just to thank you)! This is not intuitive *AT ALL* 

Moderator Moderator
Message 5 of 5
(2,370 Views)

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.