Quantum Router and Netflix
KAustin1

Ever since i switched to the "new and improved" quantum gateway my netflix service has been severly slowed down. I read articles in the past of Verizon throttling speeds for netflix. It's getting quite unbareable stopping to buffer 5-10 times an episode of a half hour sitcom. When testing speed on my computer or phone it comes through as fine it appears to only effect netflix streaming. Doesn't matter what device i do it from either PS3,PS4, Wii U, cell phone, tablet, or PC.

0 Likes
Re: Quantum Router and Netflix
JustinG1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hello!

Are these devices using a wired or wireless connection?

Was the new router put in a different location?

Just for a test, if you can, try to plug your laptop into the physical ethernet port on the back of the router. I know speeds may look good, but I've noticed in the past as well that sometimes WiFi can be a huge factor when it comes to slow video streaming.

0 Likes
KAustin1

Router is in same location, and considering this one was presented as much better as their old one that shouldn't be an issue. All of this streaming and speed testing is happening while on wifi

0 Likes
Airwolf1
Enthusiast - Level 3

@KAustin wrote:

Router is in same location, and considering this one was presented as much better as their old one that shouldn't be an issue. All of this streaming and speed testing is happening while on wifi

Since you are using wifi with it it could be a few things. Could be a defective router or could be you need to be on a better channel. What band is your device connecting to? 2 or 5 ghz?

If you can, try connecting the router with an ethernet cable to your device and see if Netflix gives you the same results.

If it does it's probably the router. If not then try changing the channels on the router. Also check to see what band your device is using and try changing it to the other.

0 Likes