Quantum Router slow choppy on VPN compared to Actiontec
Wesley231

I have FIOS internet 25/10 Mbps speed that is consistent. Actiontec router worked well but purchased Quantum router to get the guest WIFI and hopefully better performance and tools to manage kids usage.  What I found is that my VPN access for work is very slow and choppy with the Quantum router. Compliance training videos will not play at all but when I switch back to the Actiontec it is ok and I can see and hear the videos. Other bandwidth or connection issues are also visible with freezes. Consistently better with the Actiontec. 

I have a coax connection from the ONT to the router and run the router to a switch for my computers. 

Need to determine whether the Quantum router is faulty, whether it is just not able to handle the VPN and what I should do to get decent VPN performance and guest WIFI.

0 Likes
Re: Quantum Router slow choppy on VPN compared to Actiontec
Wesley231

Correction: Not really sure whether my connection is VPN but think it is. Do know that Quantum router gets really sluggish and choppy when I try to view a video using Terminal Services in a Remote Desktop session. Gets so bad you cannot hear the audio and the video is painfully choppy. Actiontec works OK but some delays can be seen at times. 

0 Likes
Re: Quantum Router slow choppy on VPN compared to Actiontec
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Wesley23 wrote:

Correction: Not really sure whether my connection is VPN but think it is. Do know that Quantum router gets really sluggish and choppy when I try to view a video using Terminal Services in a Remote Desktop session. Gets so bad you cannot hear the audio and the video is painfully choppy. Actiontec works OK but some delays can be seen at times. 

No way you'll ever be able to watch video remotely using TS.  The data load to do that is enormous.  It won't even work over my in house 1 gb network, let alone on an internet connection.

0 Likes