Re: Quantum Speed
rnomad
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for trying to help.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

I would find that an unacceptable answer.   maybe try the twitter.com/verizonsupport     they are pretty responsive.    OR call in and hope you get a rep that is willing to help you more.   maybe even ask for a sup.  you are paying good money for that plan, I would expect to get near the speeds if not at or over.

0 Likes
AtomicRooster
Contributor - Level 1

Good thing I didn't build a new agreement as they demanded and then pony up the additional $ only to get stiffed.  Thank you for the update.

rnomad wrote:

Answers were my machines were all too slow or router was bad.  Neither makes sense.  Finally was told there is an internal hold on network upgrades so while they are selling the service they are not delivering it, though they are billing me.  Because of this, I could not get a technician, and they suggested I cancel.  You have to love Verizon "service."

0 Likes
chucklap

I currently have FIOS 35/35 with Digital Voice. According to the website, it is the same price for 50/25 and Digital Voice.

Will Verizon increase my speed for free?

0 Likes
pigpen

Google this guy...he does a radio show on the weekends...Leo Leport....Expert.

he would know!

0 Likes
rnomad
Enthusiast - Level 2

First tech said it was a network equipment problem and I was out of luck.  Tried again.  This time I was forced to take all devices off the network save one.  VZ could see that I was getting 190 Mbps but logged in anyway to verify again.  Now waiting for a tech to come Wednesday as the issue is apparently in my ONT.

0 Likes
rnomad
Enthusiast - Level 2

Problem solved.  After 3 ours on the phone with 3 different technicians proving that it was not my problem, a technician was scheduled.  Another technician called to say the provisioning was wrong.  Five minutes later I was getting 315/70 speeds.  

AtomicRooster
Contributor - Level 1
I have the same service. I was told that in order to get the higher speed I would need an entirely new agreement (Just started this one on June12, **2012**, 11 days before Quantum was launched).  Of course the prices for everything are higher, including 50/25...and they no longer offer 35/35. I was told we will continue to get 35/35, but there will be no upgrade automatically. So while viewing the packages, it states that 50/25 is only $15 more, the bundle I built with 50/25 (the only difference) was a whopping $50 more per month.  
@chucklap wrote:

I currently have FIOS 35/35 with Digital Voice. According to the website, it is the same price for 50/25 and Digital Voice.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

We are glad to hear your now getting the right speed.  Of course the first tech you contacted should have found this out and corrected it for you.

0 Likes
AtomicRooster
Contributor - Level 1

Also forgot about this aspect if I considered creating a new Bundle: My Prepaid Visa reward would evaporate because I had not kept the bundle/agreement for the *required* 60 days.  That is some wizened marketing sleight of hand there!   

Why doesn't Verizon just offer the new speeds a la carte like I was adding a premium channel to my TV service? 

@AtomicRooster wrote:

I have the same service. I was told that in order to get the higher speed I would need an entirely new agreement (Just started this one on June12, **2012**, 11 days before Quantum was launched).  Of course the prices for everything are higher, including 50/25...and they no longer offer 35/35. I was told we will continue to get 35/35, but there will be no upgrade automatically. So while viewing the packages, it states that 50/25 is only $15 more, the bundle I built with 50/25 (the only difference) was a whopping $50 more per month.  
@chucklap wrote:

0 Likes