Quantum router one Access Point not connected
lams7
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

I upgraded to the Quantum router for serveral months now and it seems that the 5G channel was not working or having really weak signal. I thought that was due to 5G wasn't available in my area.

Last month, the Verizon tech support replaced the box outside of my house and said both 2.4 and 5G should work. But, I still only one channel work well at any time. The other channel is either weak or not working.

Last night, I figured out how to monitor advanced router status by login as admin. And, I can see the Access Point for 2.4G channel was not connected. I rebooted the router. Then, it showed the 5G Access Point was not connected.

This is probably the problem when it switched from one channel to another automatically. No wonder, my WiFi network has been very unstable lately. Any suggestion on how to fix or troubleshoot this problem? I looked for ways to connect the access point as the admin but didn't find it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

0 Likes
Re: Quantum router one Access Point not connected
jonjones1
Legend

The router is bad. Have Verizon replace it if it belongs to them.

wifi has nothing to do with available in your area. There is no such thing.

wifi is on your own network while at home.

there are public wifi spots but be wary ever connecting to them.

lams7
Enthusiast - Level 1

I really appreciate the simple and straight answer! Just called Verizon Support and they will ship out a replacement router. Hope that will fix the problem. It has been giving me lots of troubles lately. Thanks!

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@lams7 wrote:

I really appreciate the simple and straight answer! Just called Verizon Support and they will ship out a replacement router. Hope that will fix the problem. It has been giving me lots of troubles lately. Thanks!

Glad to help. I hope it works perfectly for you 😄

0 Likes