Quantum router won't get IP, ONT all green
dps281

Just got Fios installed 3 days ago.  Today it went out.  

First the light on the G3100 router was solid white but the FAIL and VID lights on the ONT were red. I rebooted everything a couple times and now all lights on the ONT are all green but the router light is solid yellow and it can't get an IP address (says connecting in the admin web UI).  It's been like this for several hours.

The first on site appointment I can get is 3 days away.  I'm hoping that someone could help me get this working sooner. 

If the ONT is all green, shouldn't everything be working?  I don't understand why my router can't get an IP address.  

Thanks for any ideas.  

0 Likes
Re: Quantum router won't get IP, ONT all green
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does it have a mgmt light? If not then it's not communicating with verizon. You could try @verizonsupport on Twitter. 

gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

You need to contact Verizon support.  I suggest you use their Social Media support team, as they are typically more helpful than the phone peeps.  Use twitter as Edg1 suggested, or pop over to https://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect if you prefer posting over tweeting.  Both go to the same team at Verizon.

dps281

Every light on the ONT, including the MGMT light, appears green.  However upon closer inspection several lights are a much fainter green: FAIL, VID, POTS, MoCA.  It's possible those lights aren't on at all.  Not sure what that means. 

0 Likes
Capricorn1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Maybe post a picture of the ONT lights?

Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

It looks like your GPON line is not connected to the network layer. The ONT lights are normal per your description. The ONT's lights can only diagnose the data link status, which is OK for you.

Either your ONT/GPON line is not configured correctly or the OLT feeding your ONT at the distribution center is having problems. Both of which can only be fixed by Verizon technicians.