Quantum sign up after slow speeds
jaclynpaige
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am sitting 5 feet from my router, and the control box is maybe 10, I have an iCore 7 with 16mg of memory and 1.5 terrabyte hard drive top notch computer. Everything is top notch except the speed of my internet service. So although I am trying to convince my daughter to switch back to Comcast where I can drive down the street to an office and speak to an individual and not spend 3 hours trying to figure out where I am supposed tobe on this impossible website.  I haven't been able to convince her yet so I signed up for Quantum weeks ago and she got a letter saying we would be notified by email when it was set up.

Still crawling like a snail on the internet sitting her tonight wanting to throw my keyboard at the router. And still no email saying we are on Quantum what the hell takes so long.  Seriously what does it involve throwing a switch.

First on Verizon I was told only every share a line with aobut 30 houses on Comcast there are hundreds of people on same line.

So then it slowed down and I called and was told I was on Channel 1???? and that was because the install guys got lazy and put all new people on Channel 1 and I was being moved out to Channel 5 or something slight improvement for awhile. But I like how that person showed how Verizon totally lied to get all us suckers to sign up,everyone is on Channel 1 that has to be more than 30 houses.

Anyone else waiting weeks for Quantum

0 Likes
Re: Quantum sign up after slow speeds
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@jaclynpaige wrote:

I am sitting 5 feet from my router, and the control box is maybe 10, I have an iCore 7 with 16mg of memory and 1.5 terrabyte hard drive top notch computer. Everything is top notch except the speed of my internet service. So although I am trying to convince my daughter to switch back to Comcast where I can drive down the street to an office and speak to an individual and not spend 3 hours trying to figure out where I am supposed tobe on this impossible website.  I haven't been able to convince her yet so I signed up for Quantum weeks ago and she got a letter saying we would be notified by email when it was set up.

Still crawling like a snail on the internet sitting her tonight wanting to throw my keyboard at the router. And still no email saying we are on Quantum what the hell takes so long.  Seriously what does it involve throwing a switch.

First on Verizon I was told only every share a line with aobut 30 houses on Comcast there are hundreds of people on same line.

So then it slowed down and I called and was told I was on Channel 1???? and that was because the install guys got lazy and put all new people on Channel 1 and I was being moved out to Channel 5 or something slight improvement for awhile. But I like how that person showed how Verizon totally lied to get all us suckers to sign up,everyone is on Channel 1 that has to be more than 30 houses.

Anyone else waiting weeks for Quantum

Are you posting in the right topics? Quantum is marketing for FiOS, not DSL. 

Also, if everyone is using Channel 1 in the neighborhood, move the router to Channell 11. Also, do your best to wire up everything you can to the router via Ethernet cable or Coaxial via MoCa if you have FiOS, since Wireless is not dependable in all cases.

0 Likes
Re: Quantum sign up after slow speeds
jaclynpaige
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon moved me to this topic i posted somewhere else. I have no idea how to move to Channel 11.

0 Likes