Question about internet and wifi network...
ResidentMan
If I have FIOS with internet and a wireless router, how do I connect my wireless using my wifi? My cell phone with data plan ask for a password - I am not aware of the Username or any password that I set up to gain access since I've had these products. Did the installation guy set this up without knowing - and assumming I didn't need to know this information? How do I find out what it is so I can connect my new cell phone using the wifi network from my wireless router?
0 Likes
Re: Question about internet and wifi network...
prisaz
Legend

@ResidentMan wrote:
If I have FIOS with internet and a wireless router, how do I connect my wireless using my wifi? My cell phone with data plan ask for a password - I am not aware of the Username or any password that I set up to gain access since I've had these products. Did the installation guy set this up without knowing - and assumming I didn't need to know this information? How do I find out what it is so I can connect my new cell phone using the wifi network from my wireless router?

Two separate issues.

1. Your wireless router has a SSID: and also a key. I have read that Verizon is now placing these on a sticker attached to the router, to simplify setup. If it is not, you will need to configure your wireless router. These two items will need to be entered into the wifi setup on any device that you wish to connect with. There are many types of cell phones and they do things differently depending on model and manufacture. I had one where had to manually change the Internet source from the Wireless provider to my wireless router. Not always the easiest thing to do depending on the model. Some cell phones do not support Wifi and only will receive internet through your wireless provider.

2. If the person that configured your cell phone account added a password to access the web and you do not know it, you will need to contact your wireless provider and have it reset. I have a new cell phone and found the password to be all zeros. Again you will need to contact your wireless provider, or perhaps the default is in the user manual.

0 Likes