Question on newly added Self-Organizing Network (SON) Feature

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor Mitchman
Contributor
Message 1 of 2
(394 Views)

Hello

I just received the new router update supporting Self-Organizing Network (SON) for my Fios router.

Does this mean I can now add a Google wifi (mesh router) or similar add on...?   i just want something that can help expand coverage for a house with an extended footprint, neighter the 2.4/5 Gig spectrum really cover the footprint.  Basically keeping the Fios router and adding some mesh pucks to help with wifi coverage.

Thanks in advance.

-Mitchman

1 REPLY 1
Gold Contributor V Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V
Message 2 of 2
(383 Views)

@Mitchman wrote:

Hello

I just received the new router update supporting Self-Organizing Network (SON) for my Fios router.

Does this mean I can now add a Google wifi (mesh router) or similar add on...?   i just want something that can help expand coverage for a house with an extended footprint, neighter the 2.4/5 Gig spectrum really cover the footprint.  Basically keeping the Fios router and adding some mesh pucks to help with wifi coverage.

Thanks in advance.

-Mitchman

No you were always able to add Google wifi. The SON feature is supposed helps devices switch between 2.4 and 5 GHz bands more seamlessly. 

If you do decide to add Google wifi then you want to turn off the wifi in the FiOS router. 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.