Question on newly added Self-Organizing Network (SON) Feature
Mitchman2

Hello

I just received the new router update supporting Self-Organizing Network (SON) for my Fios router.

Does this mean I can now add a Google wifi (mesh router) or similar add on...?   i just want something that can help expand coverage for a house with an extended footprint, neighter the 2.4/5 Gig spectrum really cover the footprint.  Basically keeping the Fios router and adding some mesh pucks to help with wifi coverage.

Thanks in advance.

-Mitchman

Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Question on newly added Self-Organizing Network (SON) Feature
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Mitchman wrote:

Hello

I just received the new router update supporting Self-Organizing Network (SON) for my Fios router.

Does this mean I can now add a Google wifi (mesh router) or similar add on...?   i just want something that can help expand coverage for a house with an extended footprint, neighter the 2.4/5 Gig spectrum really cover the footprint.  Basically keeping the Fios router and adding some mesh pucks to help with wifi coverage.

Thanks in advance.

-Mitchman

No you were always able to add Google wifi. The SON feature is supposed helps devices switch between 2.4 and 5 GHz bands more seamlessly. 

If you do decide to add Google wifi then you want to turn off the wifi in the FiOS router. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Question on newly added Self-Organizing Network (SON) Feature
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Mitchman wrote:

Hello

Thanks in advance.

-Mitchman

No you were always able to add Google wifi. The SON feature is supposed helps devices switch between 2.4 and 5 GHz bands more seamlessly. 

If you do decide to add Google wifi then you want to turn off the wifi in the FiOS router. 

0 Likes