Question ?
toptek1

I was offered a  free upgraded to my router i own now just had to pay 6 bucks shippping and it is due to day.

The router i have now is

Firmware Version: 40.21.18
Model Name: MI424WR-GEN3I
Hardware Version: I

what is the upgrade to ?  one better or the same one with a diff Rev # .

why Iam asking is i bought the above router off your site less then a year ago for 99 $ i knew i would need it .becasue  also today you all are coming out to up my speeds  to 150/150  imo i got one hell of a sweet deal by renewing my contact now i was  uping the speeds in 4 month on renew but was offfered this deal now and hoping in 4 month it still is.

my main question is which router should i use the one coming to day or the one i have now if its the same router . then i also feel i was kind of srewed over for 99 $ if so that upgraded did indeed pop on my account like a month after i bought that router and paid it off . but i never gave it any thought till now i had to also order a new remote i have missplaced my old one that's how i gave it more thought and said why not its only 6 $  shipping .

Let me know Please .

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Question ?
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

I applied for that free ($6 shipping) upgrade and received a new Rev I router.  A few other posters have reported receiving rev G models as the replacement.

My guess is since the OP already has a Rev I router this upgrade won't help them any.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

For the 150/150 service you need ethernet run from the ONT to router and a gig NIC card in your computer. The Rev. I will handle 150/150 hard-wired. I have no idea what router you are getting for $6 shipping.

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

I applied for that free ($6 shipping) upgrade and received a new Rev I router.  A few other posters have reported receiving rev G models as the replacement.

My guess is since the OP already has a Rev I router this upgrade won't help them any.

0 Likes
toptek1

TY i had a feeling that was it i do have Rev i

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

Please report back what model you actually receive as the replacement, and whether or not Verizon asks for your old router back.

That may help others with the same question(s) in the future.  Smiley Wink

0 Likes
toptek1

it's  not a upgrade it's the old one 10/100 won't even  work well with 150/150 i need the GEN 3 rev I i have now not even sure why they  offerd it to me .

is it

Actiontec

MI424-WR Rev. F

10/100 .

The one I bought a year ago is a lot better .

thought I'd drop back let you all know .

NO they didn't ask for the old one back i looked over the paper work . i would send this one back if they did  with a nice note explaing why they got it back . 🙂 ..

By Nice i do mean no rude notes asking **bleep** or such i would  just explain it .

0 Likes