READ THIS - you should altert the FCC
ronmail65
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been through a horrible 2.5 year experience of escalating horrible service with Verizon that rose to the point of near-daily outages for 3 months.

Have you ever tried to call FiOS to get help and been only hold for 45 minutes?  Or used the app and gotten a 'not available' reply... yeah that's pretty normal....

Well, just so you know, Verizon does not register that you have experienced  an outage unless you can get through and report it.  Further more, they will not credit you for service outages unless they last for at least 24 hours from the time it was reported.  

So, even though you need and rely on reliable internet connectivity when you need it - if it is only out for the few hours that you need it, the outage doesn't count.  You will not get a repair and you will not qualify for a credit based on their failure.  This is straight from Verizon's Executive Support Team in response to my complaints to their CEO and the FCC.  I have been out of service for well over 40 days, but they only count 3 DAYS based on this rigged system.  And they could care less about you as an individual customer.

If you experience the slightest service issue - I highly recommend you file a Formal Complaint with the FCC.  That requires Verizon to call you (you escape the hold times and inability fo their customer service to actually resolve your problem).  Unfortunately, Verizon will remain unaccountable for the problem and bill you for the services that they failed to deliver.  If you're like me, then you live in a community where FiOS has a monopoly on their services.  Meanwhile Verizon earned an after-tax Net Income of about $17B last year.  I have nothing against earning a profit - but I do have a problem with ripping off a captive consumer base. 

Re: READ THIS - you should altert the FCC
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

They are just following the terms of service (contract) you agreed too.

24 hours of outage for refund is common for residential services (and even some commercial services) across most providers.

You are typically paying a few dollars a day for service. Imagine trying to credit people a dollar or so for a short outage.

And outage may not even have been their issue. Suppose an accident took out a utility pole and took out service. Should they have to refund you for that?

And even if they call you, they may still gave you the same answer.

If you need higher available service, you may need to investigate commercial grade service. You will pay more, but get better support for it.

0 Likes