Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same day delivery.

REGISTRY SETTINGS TO OPTIMIZE

HOMETOWN
Contributor
Contributor

REGISTRY SETTINGS TO OPTIMIZE

Message 1 of 4
(9,464 Views)

Im using windows xp and firefox.   I never use windows internet explorer.  However when I do the speed test and Verizon says I need to be optimized internet explorer is the only choice.  So sorry if you use another browser.  I do have TCP Optimizer and Cablenut.  The problem is that even after using TCP the Verizon speed test page says I'm not optimized to their specs.  My question is what are the numbers for MTU etc. So that I can plug them manually.  At the minute the major settings are speed  10,000.  I have 10/2 fios service.  TCP receive 261360  MTU 1492, and latency 200.  Is there something else I'm missing?  Or should change.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Brennoko
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Re: REGISTRY SETTINGS TO OPTIMIZE

Message 2 of 4
(9,461 Views)

Try http://verizon.net/optimizesettings/

It's a direct download for editing the registry settings, should have no problem on firefox.

Brennoko
Verizon Telecom
Fiber Solutions Center

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

CharlesH
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Message 3 of 4
(9,422 Views)
Yeh, it will change settings that have nothing to do with what browser you are using...
HOMETOWN
Contributor
Contributor

Message 4 of 4
(9,275 Views)

Thanks!

This link worked perfectly.  I looked everywhere for something like this and could not find it.  Why do they have to hide it so well.

For anyone looking for the answer to this, this is it.

Thanks again.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title