Re: Random Internet Disconnections
fiostvman
Enthusiast - Level 3

@prisaz wrote:

@fiostvman wrote:

Are you using Windows Vista?  FIOS internet/Actiontech Router and Vista have major issues even though if you speak with a couple of VZ employees here, they try to deny it.

http://forums.verizon.com/vrzn/board/message?board.id=FiOS_Internet&thread.id=2264

See my thread above and the hell I went through to fix it.

Message Edited by fiostvman on 03-04-2009 01:47 PM

Wireless issues from what I have read. It is a Vista problem. I have run multiple boxes on my Fios connection without issues. Vista 32 and 64-bit with Service Pack 1 and SP2 RC. Running Windows 7 64 bit beta on this machine. All has worked great. I had a buddy of mine over and he had one laptop with Vista 32 bit and one With Windows 7 64 bit with no wireless connection issues. Not everyone has the problem.

It is not a Vista problem. It is a FiOS internet/Actiontech Router issue. My problems were resolved by turning off the wireless signal in the actiontech router and installing the Trendnet. It has been almost a month now and I have not dropped a single wireless signal with the Trendnet.

With the Actiontech Router, I dropped signals 3-4 times a day for over six months even when my laptop was right beside the router..

Message Edited by fiostvman on 03-04-2009 06:25 PM
0 Likes
prisaz
Legend
Ok wired connections. You could probably have hundreds if the NAT table could handle it. I know the addresses could be given out but I do not think the NAT connection table in the Actiontec would stand for it. In your case I do not think it is a FIOS issue with Vista. I have seen network issues where a gigabit network card is connected over CAT 5 will cause just that problem. My daughters XP box was dropping in and out until I went into her network card settings and locked it to 100FDX. It didn't do it until I moved her off the router and pluged her PC into my gigabit switch. I forgit she was on CAT5.
0 Likes
fiostvman
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is the product the OP needs to get. Works like a charm. 

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13845_3-10150726-58.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=Crave

0 Likes
jprabhu

HI All,

Even I upgraded to FIOS 20/5 and have the same isssue, for some reason the internet just stops and I loose the signal, I dont know why this happens.

never had this problem with DSL at speed of 4 MBPS  ?

Does anyone have the solution, does restarting the router or resetting it solve the problem,

I know the computer has to be restarted sometimes for the ip to be refreshed but atleast 2 or 3 times I lose connectivity..................

Smiley Mad

0 Likes
fiostvman
Enthusiast - Level 3

For persons with the disappearing globe that causes them to lose internet connection, try this possible solution that I got from the MS website. It worked for this particular poster.  .

Do "Control, Alt, Delete". Under the processes tab, you will see a service called  "Function Discovery Provider Host". Click on the service and on the second tab,  you change the  three recovery options to "restart the service" . On the first tab, change the option from "manual" to "automatic"  and then click apply or okay and then reboot your PC. 

I tried it myself  and the globe did reappear after being previously off. I may have to wait a week or so to see if the globe stays on permanently.

0 Likes
fiostvman
Enthusiast - Level 3

The above didn't work for me. My globe still comes and goes,but I don't lose internet connection since I have switched to the Trendnet a little less than a month ago.

My Trendnet solved my six months of aggravation with the Actiontech's wireless signal issues.

0 Likes
Shadow64
Enthusiast - Level 1

You are describing similar problems that I had as well.  I don't mention these in my post, but take a look and it might solve your problem.

I have absolutely no problems now.

http://forums.verizon.com/vrzn/board/message?board.id=FiOS_Internet&thread.id=2264&view=by_date_asce...

0 Likes