Random Internet Service Lag/Dropout
Mattimus_Prime

About once an hour or so (on average), my internet just drops out for a few seconds... if I'm playing WoW, it comes off as a lag spike that lasts about 5-10 seconds, and if I'm browsing it'll give me 5-10 seconds of "Web site not found" messages until it kicks in again.  This has been happening for a little while now, and I was wondering if there was anything I could do, before I go calling Tech Support.

I've got three computers up and running in the house, and whenever the lag spike/dropout happens, it happens on any computers that might be on.  Most commonly, my roommate and I are playing WoW together, and we get these lag spikes at the exact same time every single time.

0 Likes
Re: Random Internet Service Lag/Dropout
KlassiK
Enthusiast - Level 3

I kinda have the same problem. Youtube, Vimeo, and all video sites are lagging. Even streaming sites like blogtv and justin tv I run into Buffering constantly. I reformated my PC and nothing helped. Still, youtube videos buffer every second and only play for about 2 seconds. So it's always pausing. As for my PS3, the connection speeds on that are ludacris. I hav the 10/2 fios internet and my PS3 speed test shows up with about 300kbp/s download and 1.5mbp/s upload I think my modem is broken or something. Sometimes it works perfectly, and recently I ran into problems.

0 Likes
Mattimus_Prime

Well, I have the 10/2 connection as well, but I really don't have any problems MOST of the time.  My speed is always pretty high, my connection pretty good... it's just the 5-10 seconds dropout of service all the time that really bugs me.

0 Likes
likai2

I have exactly same problem as you.  I am also a wow player and I just spent a raiding night with my guild.  I got dced at 7:40, 8:40, 9:40, and 10:37.   The internet just completely stop for around 10 seconds and I got disconnected from the game, my browser and msn also stop for that 10 seconds .  The problem has been there for two or three months.  Well, at least now I know someone has the same problem as mine and lets hope they can solve it.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
Mattimus_Prime

I've gone to that link before, but it hasn't helped at all.  Namely, even when I try to Google for a solution, all of the replies are "Increase the NAT table size" or some variation thereof, and instructions are often written in a way that is completely irrelevent to my router (Belkin N+).  I've tried going over the user manual for my router, and searching for instructions online, but currently it appears that nobody knows how, or it is indeed impossible, to increase the maximum number of ports on my router or alter the TCP/UCP timeouts.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Mattimus_Prime wrote:

I've gone to that link before, but it hasn't helped at all.  Namely, even when I try to Google for a solution, all of the replies are "Increase the NAT table size" or some variation thereof, and instructions are often written in a way that is completely irrelevent to my router (Belkin N+).  I've tried going over the user manual for my router, and searching for instructions online, but currently it appears that nobody knows how, or it is indeed impossible, to increase the maximum number of ports on my router or alter the TCP/UCP timeouts.

That was only an educatued as to why that was happening.

Ok.. Now I know that you have a Berklin router, what is the model of it?

0 Likes
Mattimus_Prime

N+.  I've been trying to find somewhere in its setup page where to set the Maximum Number of Ports, and TCP/UDP timeouts, because I'm very confident that's where the problem is, but it's just not anywhere I can find.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Mattimus_Prime wrote:

N+.  I've been trying to find somewhere in its setup page where to set the Maximum Number of Ports, and TCP/UDP timeouts, because I'm very confident that's where the problem is, but it's just not anywhere I can find.

#1 You mean this

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=459640

?

#2 If so in your Belkin F5D8235-4, go to LAN Settings.

#3 What is the DHCP range on your router?

#4 If you setup a Static IP on your computer...

http://www.portforward.com/networking/staticip.htm

..what IP Address did you setup?

0 Likes