Rapidly Losing Confidence in Verizon
Boady
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently (mid July) moved to Torrance CA.  Of course the house I rented turns out to be in a Verizon Wireless deadzone. (Wrong forum, I know)  Since I can't call them I sent an email to customer support explaining that three phones on two seperate Verizon accounts had no service in my neighborhood.  The email reply was to call them by landline with a fully charged cell phone available. 

On 10 Aug I ordered Fois phone and internet service using Verizon's website and was given a 15 Aug install date.  On the 14th I found it odd no one had contacted me or sent any emails confirming the 15th install date.  I went to the Verizon website and it showed no record of the tracking number they had provided me.  I called Verizon and went through several people.  One individual managed to find my order numbers.  My Fios order had problems and my phone order was straight up cancelled. After almost two hours on and off off hold time I come to the ironic conclusion; I was transferred to "The representatvie that could help me".  It seems the representative that could help me was a recording stating that the office had closed for the day.

I should note that the whole conversation took place on my home phone.  Apparently the previous tennants had Verizon.  They leave it hooked up in an express connect mode that will acces customer service.  I was told phone could not established on this line.

On the 15th I called again.  The woman I spoke was very helpful.  At least I now have phone service.  Unfortunately, I was told the earliest my Fios can be installed is another two weeks.  Not to mention since I had to call to establish service I more than likely have missed out on the discounts offered by signing up via internet (which is why I chose that method in the first place). 

Thanks for listening 

0 Likes