Rather than rent from Verizon can I use used a working FIOS Gateway Router (G1100) from eBay
Agent862
Enthusiast - Level 1

I use FIOS for TV and internet.   Can I disconnect the one I rent and simply use a used one from eBAY?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Rather than rent from Verizon can I use used a working FIOS Gateway Router (G1100) from eBay
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the one you buy from eBay is not one that was stolen and it really has Verizon firmware (Frontier also has FiOS but their firmware is not the same), yes you should be able to use it and return your rented router.

View solution in original post

Re: Rather than rent from Verizon can I use used a working FIOS Gateway Router (G1100) from eBay
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the one you buy from eBay is not one that was stolen and it really has Verizon firmware (Frontier also has FiOS but their firmware is not the same), yes you should be able to use it and return your rented router.

Agent862
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi and thanks for the response!

What are the steps to execute the swap?

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Agent86 wrote:

Hi and thanks for the response!

What are the steps to execute the swap?

All that is needed is to simply disconnect the old verizon rented router, plug in the purchased one and it should fire up. I would go online to your account portal to see if the serial number has changed. If it has i would not mail it back but go to a fios location and return the rented one. Make sure to get a receipt showing the routers serial number and model and your account and that it is for a returned equipment not a router swap. Make sure to tell them you have your own customer router and to stop the rental of $12 immediately. They will try to not give a receipt and say it will come in email and that the rental will come off in two billing cycles. Do not go for it.

be firm. 

Best of luck

0 Likes