Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same day delivery.

Recommendation on SOHO router with decent QoS

SimonMason
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

Recommendation on SOHO router with decent QoS

Message 1 of 1
(542 Views)

Does anyone have a recommendation on a decent SOHO router with QoS traffic shaping built in?  I have an Asterisk PBX running at home (which works great) and I am currently using a pfsense firewall to manage the QoS.  However, the pfsense firewall is running on a PC that is not terribly reliable and I would like to replace it with something a little more low powered to save on the energy and of course be more reliable.  I could build a new low power PC to run pfsense but I assumed that there should be some simple routers that can achieve this without degrading the other traffic.  As an aside, I have never bothered configuring the Actiontech router - mostly based on the feedback in this forum about how much the QoS implementation on this router degrades the other traffic when implemented. Thanks.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.