Switch Account

Red "vid" light even though I only have internet package

Red "vid" light even though I only have internet package

Highlighted
Contributor Heydude819
Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(8,138 Views)
Hi, my internet suddenly stopped working and the ONT has a solid red light for "vid". Nothing changed at home, no new neighborhood construction, and no storms near us. I used Verizon's diagnostic procedures to reset the BBU and ONT, but it didn't solve my problem. The only lights on my ONT are: power green, battery green, vid red. Please help me with my issue as I work from home and heavily rely on the internet.

Thank you.
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Moderator Moderator
Message 2 of 4
(8,135 Views)

If you are having an issue with your Verizon service, you can use the Verizon Troubleshooter to fix and report issues with your Verizon Phone, FiOS TV, or Internet Service, as well as to schedule a repair, here is the link:
http://www.verizon.com/repair
You can find tools on the Verizon Residential Support page that may help you diagnose your issue:
http://www22.verizon.com/residentialhelp

Highlighted
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II
Message 3 of 4
(8,087 Views)

heydude,   maybe  this is why.........it seems that a red "vid" light   indicates a low signal level (low light level) on the fiber optic cable according to this solved thread from 2010.....clicking should open in new tab or window...  check this thread

Contributor Heydude819
Contributor
Message 4 of 4
(8,066 Views)

So I called tech support and they said that most likely there is interference between the cable and the hub. Someone is scheduled to drop by today to take a look at it. 

Thanks for everyone's help!

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.