I was told that I agreed to a $90 early termination fee when I was re-negotiating my lost discounts on February 4th. I'm old. I do not remember that, nor would I have agreed to it...I would have switched to Cox. This is a case where you say I agreed and I'm not going to dispute it... don't bore me with restating that. I don't remember it and I'm the customer...remember? After 1 1/2 hour of my life, that I won't get back, on the phone trying to credit that amount back to my account, and refusing at all levels, they hung up on me. I think Verizon is the worst vendor my wife and I have to deal with. Deception and bait and switch is your business model. All we want is for them to match another provider in our area, give us a 10 year contract, and leave us alone. I can't even look at the company logo without getting sick. For now, we just want that $90 credited to our account and I'll deal with you again next year. If you don't do it, we'll spend whatever life energy we have left going viral with your deception of these two old AARP members. Hell, we may not live 10 more years. Are you listening and hearing us???????????
Verizon doesn't price match other providers.
But if you lost a discount that was incldued in your ORIGINAL price lock for 24 months. You have to call Verizon and press option four for cancellations. Ask them for the onetime $90 credit and $10 credit for 12 months or however many months it was. If they can do the $90 but no the $10, tell them to submit a ticket to the offline team. If you want both ask for a supervior. They are only availble Monday through Friday so call between 8a-6pm M-F.
Couple of comments:
1) This is mainly a user supported board.
2) No provider will give a 10 year contract.
3) Just about every provider is going to have an early cancellation fee in exchange for a contract. It happens for TV, cell phone even alternate electrical or natural gas contracts.
4) You should have received info on Terms and Conditions when you signed up again. No one ever reads them yet they complain when they don't like them.
5) I thought you typically get 30 days to cancel a contract from Verizon. Not sure how long it has been for you.