Refund promised and issued by Customer Service but never cleared to my Account
Aschere
Enthusiast - Level 2

This message represents my 44th documented contact to Verizon customer service for a technical issue that dates from 4/10/2012-12/13/2013. Starting mid-August of 2013, I began pushing very hard for the service to be repaired because it had gotten unacceptable and it was very clear that Verizon was doing nothing. Download speeds had begun dropping as low as 0.1MB/s on a 15/5 service. On August 16th, 2013 (and later in November and again in December) customer service promised that a refund would be issued from the date of original report to the time of repair. They were unable to issue the refund due to "the technical issue not being repaired and could not give me a credit until the issue was resolved". They refused to let me cancel my contract despite Verizon's lack of ability to repair the issue.

The issue finally got resolved on 12/13/2013. The technician who called me to report the issue had been resolved said it was due to the fact that Verizon had old equipment at their Central Office that was outdated for the number of users they had subscribed. As a result of Verizon's oversubscribing customers Verizon was unable to meet the contractual obligations of my service agreement.

On 01/07/2014 I called yet again to receive the promised refund. Verizon customer service investigated the issue, saw the numerous tickets dating back months and months and negotiated a 4 month refund (@$68.29/month) that I agreed to contingent upon the fact that I would not have to continue to follow-up with customer service further. This refund was approved by the supervisor of employee ID {edited for privacy}. This employee # {edited for privacy} then issued the refund.

On 1/08/2014, the refund totalling $273.16 did not come into my account. Instead I received a phone call at 2:09am and 6 small credits totalling $23.20. I called again today and the representative I reached is claiming she was unable to issue any credit despite (1) the verbal contracts created on three seperate occasions promising to issue a refund when the service was restored (2) an investigation was performed by Verizon customer service on 01/07/2014 in which they agreed in my favor and admitted fault and (3) the claim that Verizon would be issuing a refund of $273.16.

Please issue the refund of the remaining $249.96 to my account.

0 Likes
Re: Refund promised and issued by Customer Service but never cleared to my Account
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board. you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

Re: Refund promised and issued by Customer Service but never cleared to my Account
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Aschere,

We're glad to hear the credits have been applied for you. Let us know in a new public post if you ever need help with anything else.

Thank you,

-Jeramy

0 Likes