Reinstalling FIOS....

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Reinstalling FIOS....

Message 1 of 5
(8,979 Views)

I had to recently rebuild my laptop after a hard drive crash.  I installed a new hard drive.  Unfortunately, I cannot locate a reinstall disc for FIOS internet.  Could someone please direct me to where I could get one?   I have been on this site for 2 days and am very frustrated. 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Reinstalling FIOS....

Message 3 of 5
(8,964 Views)

That is what I thought....but I remember the tech who originally installed fios installing something via disc to my laptop.....I could be losing it though.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 2 of 5
(8,959 Views)
You shouldn't need to install anything to get FiOS Internet.  Hook your PC up to the router and go (the only thing that one might want to do is run a tweak on the MTU setting to optimize for your bandwidth - there is a link to an optimizer, but I don't recall what it is).
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 5
(8,965 Views)

That is what I thought....but I remember the tech who originally installed fios installing something via disc to my laptop.....I could be losing it though.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 4 of 5
(8,955 Views)

@rich wrote:

He / she (need to be PC these days Smiley Tongue ) may have.  That would be to initialize your Verizon account and setup tour email / online ID.  The only other thing that might have been installed is a customized version of IE for either Yahoo or MSN.  There is no actual software required for running FiOS.  I have added laptops and desktops to my setup and the only thing to do was connect to the router.

Glad to have helped.

Message Edited by Keyboards on 11-07-2008 11:41 AM
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 5 of 5
(8,881 Views)
If you want to reinstall the Verizon software this is the webpage. https://activate.verizon.net/fiosreg/welcome
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.