Reinstalling FIOS....
rich
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had to recently rebuild my laptop after a hard drive crash.  I installed a new hard drive.  Unfortunately, I cannot locate a reinstall disc for FIOS internet.  Could someone please direct me to where I could get one?   I have been on this site for 2 days and am very frustrated. 

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Reinstalling FIOS....
rich
Enthusiast - Level 1

That is what I thought....but I remember the tech who originally installed fios installing something via disc to my laptop.....I could be losing it though.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3
You shouldn't need to install anything to get FiOS Internet.  Hook your PC up to the router and go (the only thing that one might want to do is run a tweak on the MTU setting to optimize for your bandwidth - there is a link to an optimizer, but I don't recall what it is).
0 Likes
rich
Enthusiast - Level 1

That is what I thought....but I remember the tech who originally installed fios installing something via disc to my laptop.....I could be losing it though.

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@rich wrote:

He / she (need to be PC these days Smiley Tongue ) may have.  That would be to initialize your Verizon account and setup tour email / online ID.  The only other thing that might have been installed is a customized version of IE for either Yahoo or MSN.  There is no actual software required for running FiOS.  I have added laptops and desktops to my setup and the only thing to do was connect to the router.

Glad to have helped.

Message Edited by Keyboards on 11-07-2008 11:41 AM
0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
If you want to reinstall the Verizon software this is the webpage. https://activate.verizon.net/fiosreg/welcome
0 Likes