Remote DVR and Second Router
mikemrossi
Enthusiast - Level 2
I have the Actiontec as my primary router and then a second router (sonicwall NSA) with the WAN port of the second router hooked to the LAN port of the Actiontec.  All my devices pull the IP from the second router to include wireless devices.   I do not have the second router as a DMZ; rather, port forwarding some specific ports for web cams to the second router WAN IP.  I needed to do this so my web cam software on my phones can see the cameras when on WIFI behind by second router.  Even with DMZ, that did not work when using the Actiontec WAN IP (I hjave DYNDNS setup).  I think something do do with Loop Back.  So it was easier to just do some port forwarding for the 8 cameras.

For the Remote DVR, on my phone, if connected to my WIFI, I can use the fios mobile app to watch TV, but Remote DVR does not work.  If I disconnect WIFI, Remote DVR works.

Is there any port forward I need to do on my second router to direct the traffic back to the Actiontec to get the Remote DVR working when on WIFI behind my second router?  Maybe remote DVR Ports?

thanks,

Mike

0 Likes
Re: Remote DVR and Second Router
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Others have had similar issues.

I haven't seen a good response yet.

It may have something to do with the fact that you are using a seperate subnet for the second router.

I know that using app as a STB only works on a local subnet.

0 Likes