Switch Account

Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) No longer working - Please help!

Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) No longer working - Please help!

Contributor Kip
Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(594 Views)

Ok... here we go.  I cannot RDC to my network at work.  I originally was using a PC and was able to connect a few times using RDC before it stopped working.  It would not connect either wirelessly or connected via ethernet cable no matter what I tried.  I then tried a laptop from work - same problem.  I then went and bought a new Macbook Pro - connected no problem 5 times in a row until it stopped worked again out of the blue.  

In summary:

- same problem exists on Macs and PCs

- same problem exists when using Wifi or Ethernet cable

- problem ONLY occurs at home with my FIOS router - all the same computers can RDC using any other network

- if I connect to my neighbor's Wifi on either a Mac or PC, it's works fine

Please help!!  I've been looking at my router settings but I'm over my head.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

2 REPLIES 2
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 2 of 3
(562 Views)

I am going to take an educated guess as to why, it does not work. If this does not solve the issue, please post,

The solution was posted here by user "tns", from user BigDaddy on DSLReports:

Login to your router normally, then click this link, which will take you to the now-hidden IGMP Proxy config page:

192.168.1.1/index.cgi?active_page=6059

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

Contributor Kip
Contributor
Message 3 of 3
(513 Views)

Ok, I clicked on your link but now what do I do?  I couldn't find the post you mentioned... thanks for your help!!  Smiley Happy  

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.