Remove inactive devices from router
vsan902

Hi.  how do I remove old/inactive devices from my router?  There is no delete option.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Remove inactive devices from router
denis_labine1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Advance > IP Address Distribution > Connection List > Edit the device you want to remove and select Static Lease Type.

Once you apply this, the following screen should return with an X for that device... just delete it et voila!

View solution in original post

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Reboot router.

But why does it matter?

0 Likes
Stellarspace
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree that we should be able to remove device from 'Advanced > IP Address Distribution > Connection List,' but devices expire after a period of time, so it's unnecessary. I guess it would be necessary if there was a connection issue between the router and the device. I don't know why it's not available on the Gateway router.

0 Likes
denis_labine1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Advance > IP Address Distribution > Connection List > Edit the device you want to remove and select Static Lease Type.

Once you apply this, the following screen should return with an X for that device... just delete it et voila!

Hshin31
Enthusiast - Level 2

Where is this advance button to remove devices because I can't seem to find it and there are a lot of devices connected that I am not familiar with and wish to remove them

TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Please provide more information so someone can help you.
DO NOT INCLUDE PRIVATE ACCOUNT INFORMATION

Equipment Model No. ?
Router

0 Likes
aschumm1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you... this worked up to the Connections box, but it only shows ACTIVE devices.  I want to remove INACTIVE devices.

PE-SW-Engineer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why does removinmg old devices matter?  Besides cluttering up the screen with devices from the routers' prior owners...well that's the only reason that matters. 

0 Likes
PE-SW-Engineer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nope.  All that list shows is active DCHP devices.  Devices that once were connected but no longer are (tossed, broken, sold) remain. 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Oh by the way they do automatically go away in the router list on reset.

devices not used are not impacting a router. On Verizon Quantum Gateway Router it does not actually go away unless the router is set back to factory.

again having devices that previously were connected in the routers list is not affecting anything. If a customer purchases a better router like a Netgear or TP Link or Asus the devices don’t show after they are removed. As with my Nighthawk 

0 Likes