Re: Remove inactive devices from router
cvn65
Enthusiast - Level 1

That was very helpful.  It is good to be able to remove "old"/"legacy" devices from the router.  What is the point of having a legacy device name remain on the router if the device is never going to be connected again?

I was doing some trouble-shooting on my router and your instructions were 100% correct.  Thank you.

0 Likes
RG625
Enthusiast - Level 3

This list does not provide Inactive Devices- Only Active

0 Likes
totall
Enthusiast - Level 1

The problem with inactive devices is: If they were connected to the primary network, and are now inactive, but you want to connect to the guest network the router does not allow.  Once on the primary network, devices cannot join the guest network.  this is a problem for someone attempting to improve security by moving IoT devices to the guest network. Factory reset of the router is really not an option. Good suggestion about setting static IP, and deleting, but on the G3100, delete does nothing:(

0 Likes
Arce7686

Hi there, I know this is an old thread but I figured this out. My device was inactive but in order for it to show up on the List to be able to delete just simply go into my network and then the device details at which that point you do a “ test connectivity”. Doing that made my device go from inactive to active then that allowed to follow the instructions at the beginning of the thread to delete the device. Thanks!!

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes