Remove old devices from Verizon Router table
xnickygx

I have some old devices still being listed in the Verizon Router Connection List. I have gone to the My Network section, but there is no option to remove a device. I have also tried Advanced>Ip Distribution>Connection List, but there is only an option to Search or Edit each device. I would like to remove devices that I no longer need in the connection list to free up that IP address that the router assigned it.

UI Version:Firmware VersionModel Name:Hardware Version:

v1.0.294
FiOS-G1100
0 Likes
Re: Remove old devices from Verizon Router table
jonjones1
Legend

https://www.verizon.com/cs/groups/public/documents/adacct/fios-qgr-userguide1409251.pdf

You need only go to the device list and select the individual devices select edit.

after that simply select delete.

Page 31 section 2.2 just do a show all before clicking on each device listed either as active or inactive. You must realize the parameters are ip assignments start at like 50-250 addresses. There is no way you are going to use those ip assignments.

0 Likes
glnzglnz
Contributor - Level 3

jonjones's advice above does not seem to work any more.  There does not seem to be a place to "edit".

I also would like to remove a network user who is not here.  How can I do that?

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@glnz2wrote:

jonjones's advice above does not seem to work any more.  There does not seem to be a place to "edit".

I also would like to remove a network user who is not here.  How can I do that?

You must after showing all the devices in the table click on each individual entry, then the edit is shown. On the bottom is “delete” “remove” then do that for each one.

i know their was a firmware update and I don’t use the Quantum so I will hook it up and take a look.

but thanks for telling me.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

I just hooked it up and you are correct. It’s a different GUI and the ability to take individual devices off is now gone.

however like I said I can see my devices as “active” or “not active” so like I said it really is doing no harm to be in the table.

i would simply increase the number of ip’s for use.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Ok I found out how to remove the devices from the table. (Active or inactive)

download the Verizon MyFios app. After you open it up (may require your login name and password) then go to the parental controls-devices then you will see the devices on your network. Then you click on the device in the list, you will see edit and a toggle button to turn off the device. The edit button should only enable you to change the device name. 

There is also a guest network section in this same area.

0 Likes
glnzglnz
Contributor - Level 3

jonjones - I first went to 192.168.1.1 on my PC browser and then to Parental Controls but did not see what you describe.

So - you saw the option only in the MyFIOS app?  Is it possible to download that app onto my Windows PC, or must it be in a smartphone?

Thanks.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@glnz2wrote:

jonjones - I first went to 192.168.1.1 on my PC browser and then to Parental Controls but did not see what you describe.

So - you saw the option only in the MyFIOS app?  Is it possible to download that app onto my Windows PC, or must it be in a smartphone?

Thanks.

Sorry I never seen the app for a computer. Just a iPad and iPhone and it’s also available on an android device. Tablet or phone. You would think it would be available on a computer. But as you noted under 192.168.1.1 you can access the router but the ability to turn devices on or off is not there that I could find.

imageAfter clicking the device in the list.

imageIn the Fios app.

The above jpeg photos are using the MyFios app on an Apple iPad. Note the toggle switch.

0 Likes
OldHelpPlease

My old decides are not connected and the box is grayed out so I can’t do anything. It says Device can’t be blocked and device can’t be assigned. 
The devices are cable boxes I no longer have. How can I remove to get more space. Also, does it affect speed for other devices even though not connected? Sort of like lamp plugged in but not on? Thanks. 

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Old devices have no bearing on space or speed. If you really want them gone then hold the reset button on back of the router for 15 seconds. 

0 Likes