Repeated outages due to "stolen port"?
vlee1

I've had my Verizon service for less than a month and I am now experiencing my SECOND Internet outage.  The first outage occurred less than 1 week after my service began.  After waiting 5 days for a service appointment, the service was restored and the technician told me that the outage was caused by my port being used by someone else in my building who just started service.  (Apparently, service techs assign ports in a common closet on my floor for all units.)  The technician told me that they have no way of knowing which ports are already in use by other customers.

When I arrived home on Labor Day from being out of town, I came home to internet service outage AGAIN!  And again, I have to wait another 5 days for a service appointment. 

Have any of you experienced this "port stealing" phenomenon?  If so, is there any solution?  I don't want to experience outages each time someone in my building obtains new service or receives repair to existing service.

Extremely frustrated!!!  I heard good things about FIOS, but TWO outages in less than a month doesn't leave me optimistic.  I wasn't a fan of Comcast, but am considering going back to them.

0 Likes