Switch Account

Replace ActionTec

Copper Contributor Pete7552
Copper Contributor
Posts: 8
Registered: ‎04-25-2010
Message 1 of 3

I have the following:


ZyXel Prestige 861  connected to telephone line in condo


MI424WR Rev 1 connected to the ZyXel via ethernet.


I have a Tivo box, and do not have any FIOS STBs.


Most of the instructions refer coax, stbs etc.


I think I just need to release the lease from the MI424WR and plug in the new router.  I don't need the MI424WR for my needs, Correct?

Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Posts: 7,705
Registered: ‎11-04-2008
Message 2 of 3

You don't need the actiontec, but need some sort of router to provide Internet.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Silver Contributor V Silver Contributor V
Silver Contributor V
Posts: 402
Registered: ‎07-29-2015
Message 3 of 3

Correct if you have no TV service, then you just need to release the WAN DHCP Lease on the actiontec, and plug your new router in. 


As the above poster mentioned, you will still need some kind of router in order to have internet access. I don't personally have a ZyXel Prestige modem, but I assume its just a modem and not a router? 

How-To Videos
The following videos were produced by users like you!
Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.