Replaced Actiontec router with new G1100 and no broadband
jimbodoyle

I just bought the new G1100 router as I needed a dual band router. The broadband light stays red and will not connect to the internet. The wireless is working but no broadband connectivity. I've gone back to the Actiontec router and it is working fine. Can anyone tell me what might be wrong with the new router?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Replaced Actiontec router with new G1100 and no broadband
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

Did you release the IP address from the Actiontec before swapping it out for the G1100?  If not, you can do so by powering down the Actiontec for 2+ hours before powering up the G1100.  Or you can manually release the old IP following these steps:

You could call tech support on the phone and ask them to release your IP.  Or you can take a these steps yourself that to release you router's IP:

1)  Sign into your Actiontec router's control page at 192.168.1.1  The default userid is admin.  If you haven't changed the password, the default is listed on the label on your router.

2)  Click on My Network > Network Connections > Full Status > Broadband Connection (Ethernet/Coax) > Settings.

3)  Click on DHCP Lease: Release and then immediately turn the router off with it's power switch or unplug it from the a/c outlet.

4)  Wait about 10 minutes, connect your G1100 and turn it on, and it should then be assigned a working IP address allowing it to connect to the outside world.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

Did you release the IP address from the Actiontec before swapping it out for the G1100?  If not, you can do so by powering down the Actiontec for 2+ hours before powering up the G1100.  Or you can manually release the old IP following these steps:

You could call tech support on the phone and ask them to release your IP.  Or you can take a these steps yourself that to release you router's IP:

1)  Sign into your Actiontec router's control page at 192.168.1.1  The default userid is admin.  If you haven't changed the password, the default is listed on the label on your router.

2)  Click on My Network > Network Connections > Full Status > Broadband Connection (Ethernet/Coax) > Settings.

3)  Click on DHCP Lease: Release and then immediately turn the router off with it's power switch or unplug it from the a/c outlet.

4)  Wait about 10 minutes, connect your G1100 and turn it on, and it should then be assigned a working IP address allowing it to connect to the outside world.

Good luck!

0 Likes
AmyHuge
This worked for me, thanks!
0 Likes