Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.

Replacing MI424WR Rev F Router

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Replacing MI424WR Rev F Router

Message 1 of 4
(1,273 Views)

I got Asus RT-AC68U high speed router. Have it hooked to my MI424WR Rev F router as an WL Access Point. MI424WR was having issues connecting to my WiiU. The Asus has no issues. I want to make the Asus the main router (much faster). I know CAT5 to ONT. Can I get my TV guides to work?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Replacing MI424WR Rev F Router

Message 2 of 4
(1,269 Views)

As long as you give the ActionTec an Internet connection despite your ASUS being the main router (basically, hang the ActionTec off of your ASUS and use it as a switch or an additional Wi-Fi AP), your TV Guide info and Video on Demand will continue working. The only things that won't work are Remote DVR and On-Screen Caller ID.

See this page for more info: http://www.dslreports.com/faq/16077

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(1,266 Views)

I think that your problem is that AC routers only operate at 5ghz but certain devices will only operate at 2.4ghz.

I know that the original Wii's only operated on 2.4ghz as do many phones.

I just bought the ASUS RT-66U N900 router today.  This isn't as fast but is dual band and everything works great on it.

Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 4 of 4
(1,232 Views)

@Smith6612 wrote:

As long as you give the ActionTec an Internet connection despite your ASUS being the main router (basically, hang the ActionTec off of your ASUS and use it as a switch or an additional Wi-Fi AP), your TV Guide info and Video on Demand will continue working. The only things that won't work are Remote DVR and On-Screen Caller ID.

See this page for more info: http://www.dslreports.com/faq/16077

My on screen caller id works fine, via the double natt'd vz router - you just need to forward to the VZ router the verizon fios service port tat were created on the VZ router.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.