Requesting FIOS in Hayes VA
_OZ_

In my community our only option for decently fast internet is Cox Communications, a vast majority of our neighborhood is just plain fed up with how poor the service is from Cox. I personally am paying for a 300mb download with a 30mb download, I consistantly get over my upload speed, but rarely do I ever get anywhere close to what my download speed is, usually around 100mb-115mb. When we moved into our new house we decided to "cut the cable" and we stream everything in our house (Netflix, Hulu, Google Movies, Amazon Prime), as well as having many home automation devices connected to my network. At any given time i can have 15-20 devices connected to the internet, as well as me being an avid gamer. So its pretty clear that I require a reliable connection to the internet, which I am NOT getting with Cox Communication.

We have roughly 60-70 homes in our community, so I think its safe to say that many of those homes would leave Cox in a heart beat if we had something better to choose from.

0 Likes
Re: Requesting FIOS in Hayes VA
jonjones1
Legend

@BIG_OZ wrote:

In my community our only option for decently fast internet is Cox Communications, a vast majority of our neighborhood is just plain fed up with how poor the service is from Cox. I personally am paying for a 300mb download with a 30mb download, I consistantly get over my upload speed, but rarely do I ever get anywhere close to what my download speed is, usually around 100mb-115mb. When we moved into our new house we decided to "cut the cable" and we stream everything in our house (Netflix, Hulu, Google Movies, Amazon Prime), as well as having many home automation devices connected to my network. At any given time i can have 15-20 devices connected to the internet, as well as me being an avid gamer. So its pretty clear that I require a reliable connection to the internet, which I am NOT getting with Cox Communication.

We have roughly 60-70 homes in our community, so I think its safe to say that many of those homes would leave Cox in a heart beat if we had something better to choose from.

Unfortunately Verizon has stopped building out Fios and in many cases may never reach your neighborhood.

however Verizon has stated it is going to build out if need be. But you never know.

http://fios.verizon.com/fios-coverage.html 

You can check on availability at the link I gave.

0 Likes
Re: Requesting FIOS in Hayes VA
Mikelley10

I agree completely. I've had 3 plus years of dealing with Cox.  I am constantly having to call because of slow speeds only for them to 'magically' be fine as soon as I talk with customer service.  It happens every few weeks.  Cox abuses it customers by droppong their speeds and then pretends like nothing is wrong.   The only reason we use them is that it is our only option.   My family would jump at the opportunity to switch our service.  

0 Likes