Requesting to Move ONT
davehall831
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good Evening,

I recently had the 150/65 internet service installed. The fios tech came out and had a bunch of problems with my install. He had to replace the ONT with a alcatel lucent ONT. He did a really bad job of mounting the ONT. The thing is about to fall off the side of the house because the screws didn't catch properly to the cement foundation.

In a nutshell, I pay lots of $$ for my fios service. I have been a loyal and good customer of verizon. I want to have my ONT moved to the inside of my home. The tech should have used outdoor rated Cat5e cable but he didn't. The cable he used is not even weather rated and will deteriate over time. Can someone for verizon make the easy on everyone and just have my ONT moved inside? The power panel is right there and is within 5ft of where I want it located. What is the procedure to have this done? The ONT is mounted on the outside on the opposite side of the wall so all that has to be done is have the cable pushed through the wall and ONT mounted to the same location but on the inside.

0 Likes
Re: Requesting to Move ONT
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you give Verizon a call or visit their Live chat they should be willing to move the ONT for you. Verizon does tend to keep a few feet of fiber cable behind the ONT for slack, but worst case scenario is they splice or run a longer length of fiber.