Reset my router and it wipes all info out of it
DerekMelulis
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

I just reset my router and it reset my password and my network name, is that normal? and can I change it back??

Need some help please,

P.S. also my wifi is not up and running, every device will not connect.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Reset my router and it wipes all info out of it
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you did a "factory reset," then yes, it is normal.  Factory reset restores all settings to the defaults including the router admin password and WiFi settings.

If you did a power cycle or simple reboot, then nothing should have changed.

If you have a new(ish) Verizon router, a factory reset will restore passwords to those printed on the label.  You'll need to login to your router to change your WiFi settings.  The WiFI name and password will be on the label along with the router password.

If you need more help post back with the specific model and revisoin of the router.

Good Luck.

View solution in original post

gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you did a "factory reset," then yes, it is normal.  Factory reset restores all settings to the defaults including the router admin password and WiFi settings.

If you did a power cycle or simple reboot, then nothing should have changed.

If you have a new(ish) Verizon router, a factory reset will restore passwords to those printed on the label.  You'll need to login to your router to change your WiFi settings.  The WiFI name and password will be on the label along with the router password.

If you need more help post back with the specific model and revisoin of the router.

Good Luck.

DerekMelulis
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks, I thought it would have done that but was'nt sure, I just logged into my router and re named my network and reset my wifi password. Thanks again.

0 Likes