Reset router, now internet is very slow, almost unusable
Kurt13

Recently me and my family purchased a new verizon router, for our old router was becoming outdated. It worked perfectly fine for a couple months when it started to slow a bit, so I decided to reset my router as I had done plenty of times on my old router. I went through the normal process, and after it was reset, the internet speed dropped very low, and even though it says I have a strong connection to the wifi, the internet is so slow it is almost unbearable.

0 Likes
Re: Reset router, now internet is very slow, almost unusable
jonjones1
Legend

@Kurt1 wrote:

Recently me and my family purchased a new verizon router, for our old router was becoming outdated. It worked perfectly fine for a couple months when it started to slow a bit, so I decided to reset my router as I had done plenty of times on my old router. I went through the normal process, and after it was reset, the internet speed dropped very low, and even though it says I have a strong connection to the wifi, the internet is so slow it is almost unbearable.

Well you did not mention what type of router. You did not state how you connect to the ONT is is coaxial or ethernet? Did you unplug your ont as well? And if you did are all the lights showing green?

sometimes when you hit the little red reset button for 20-30 seconds you then must wait for Verizon to issue an dns address.

after you are fully up you can attached a laptop or desktop directly to the router and the do a Verizon broadband speed test. See what the speed level is. 

If you still are having issues call 1-800-VERIZON and select tech support. You may have a provision issue 

Good Luck

0 Likes