Return old router

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Return old router

Message 1 of 2
(1,598 Views)

I have been using FIOS 500/500 since that came out and obviously I'm on the "gigabit" plan now since it's half the price.

I use my own router.

I got sent the new G1100 router which all I've done with cloned the MAC address, but otherwise won't be used. Included is label that says I should send back the old router, except I've got like two old Actiontec routers all still in the boxes. Can I send all these back to Verizon or do I need to figure out which one corresponds with my "old" service?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: Return old router

Message 2 of 2
(1,563 Views)

@-- wrote:

I have been using FIOS 500/500 since that came out and obviously I'm on the "gigabit" plan now since it's half the price.

I use my own router.

I got sent the new G1100 router which all I've done with cloned the MAC address, but otherwise won't be used. Included is label that says I should send back the old router, except I've got like two old Actiontec routers all still in the boxes. Can I send all these back to Verizon or do I need to figure out which one corresponds with my "old" service?

I would call Verizon and see what router was originally associated with your account.

you could go to a Verizon Fios store and bring them in with you. Have the store look up the router associated with your account. Then give it back to them as a return and get a receipt. Get a receipt (I cannot stress this enough so as to not have issues later)

Good Luck

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: Return old router

Message 2 of 2
(1,564 Views)

@-- wrote:

I use my own router.

I would call Verizon and see what router was originally associated with your account.

you could go to a Verizon Fios store and bring them in with you. Have the store look up the router associated with your account. Then give it back to them as a return and get a receipt. Get a receipt (I cannot stress this enough so as to not have issues later)

Good Luck

View solution in original post

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.