Returning Equipment Fiasco
rbh88

I canceled my Verizon FIOS service earlier this month because I moved across country to a state where FIOS is not available. I had talked to a support rep roughly two weeks ago while staying at a temporary address and they told me to request a return kit when I moved into a permanent address. I moved into one last week and I have spent a few hours every day trying to find a way to make this request. Sometimes the site would log me out. Sometimes it would log me into my wireless (instead of FIOS) account. Sometimes all I could speak to was a chatbot who couldn't offer me any information. Every time I tried calling I was on hold for over 20 minutes.

Finally, I spoke to a (presumably) real person via their chat system and after having it escalated several times and re-explaining my situation each time, the representative said they could not find my new address in their system even though Ive already had a several packages delivered, and every GPS I've used can find it just fine. I asked if they could just email me a shipping label and I could bring it to UPS and they evaded that question every time.

Eventually, they told me to call my local UPS, said that there would be no charge and gave me an order ID #. The local UPS had me call the national UPS hotline and they told me that there would in fact be a charge and that the order ID # didn't really mean anything to them. Of course, the page with the chat decided to auto log me out and refresh and all the information was lost (other than the order # which I saved).

All I want is to return my equipment free of charge like I'm supposed to be able to do and not have to spend another 3 hours dealing with this. Can someone from Verizon please help me.

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Returning Equipment Fiasco
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

I am sorry for the inconvenience. Calling Verizon support should be the last resort for you. The current average wait time for phone support is 1-2 hours depending on your service region.

0 Likes
Re: Returning Equipment Fiasco
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi rbh88,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger inbox for a message from a Verizon support agent. You can find your inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary and may be delayed at this time. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes