Returning Fios Gateway
Corey91
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently upgraded to 50/50 data plan for Internet. The Quantum Gateway router came with it for 10$ more a month. I no longer need it and would like to return it to drop the 10$ a month fee. I can't find a way to return it through my account and would like to figure this out.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Returning Fios Gateway
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Contact support stating you want to return the unit.

They are probably going to try and convince you to keep it, saying your internet would not be supported if you don't use their router.

That is partially true. If you have a router issue, they will not provide any support to help you correct it.

View solution in original post

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Contact support stating you want to return the unit.

They are probably going to try and convince you to keep it, saying your internet would not be supported if you don't use their router.

That is partially true. If you have a router issue, they will not provide any support to help you correct it.

jonjones1
Legend

@Corey91 wrote:

I recently upgraded to 50/50 data plan for Internet. The Quantum Gateway router came with it for 10$ more a month. I no longer need it and would like to return it to drop the 10$ a month fee. I can't find a way to return it through my account and would like to figure this out.

The other replyer makes a good point. You can call 1-800-VERIZON and tell them you want to return it. The best option is to go to a Verizon Fios store in your area.

in my area Verizon has a new Fios-Wireless storefront just opened. You walk in, return the unit, get a receipt for the return, have the store person update your Fios account to show it's been returned back to Verizon. Leave store happy.

use the Fios store locator function at http://www.verizon.com 

Corey91
Enthusiast - Level 1

@jonjones wrote:

@Corey91 wrote:

The other replyer makes a good point. You can call 1-800-VERIZON and tell them you want to return it. The best option is to go to a Verizon Fios store in your area.

in my area Verizon has a new Fios-Wireless storefront just opened. You walk in, return the unit, get a receipt for the return, have the store person update your Fios account to show it's been returned back to Verizon. Leave store happy.

use the Fios store locator function at http://www.verizon.com 

Thanks! This helps alot

0 Likes