Rev f vs Rev E router
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Been having a problem with my internet connection since last week.  Router would reboot randomly or would go out of service.  On one occassion service restored automatically.  On the second time I called VZ to report the problem and they said they cannot connect to my router remotely.  I was advised to restore router to factor defaults and then it started working again but VZ said they cannot see my router and will ship a replacement.

My question is I currently have an ActionTec revision F router and the replacement is a revision E.  Besides having 802.11N are there any other differences between the E and F Router?  Do you know if I can insist on a rev F or higher router?

Jim

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Rev f vs Rev E router
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

I don't know of any other differences, but don't you think it's reasonable to insist on at least a Rev F replacement, if not a Rev I, if for no other reason than 802.11n?

0 Likes
Re: Rev f vs Rev E router
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

The rev I supports MOCA 1.1.

See table on DSLREPORTS http://www.dslreports.com/r0/download/2065743~8951f1dcab65bbc80a582e4c7a3d9279/atspecs.jpg

Obviously a rev G or I would be better.  Or of course the Quantum Gateway router.

0 Likes