Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Rev f vs Rev E router

jumpin68ny
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Rev f vs Rev E router

Message 1 of 3
(2,074 Views)

Been having a problem with my internet connection since last week.  Router would reboot randomly or would go out of service.  On one occassion service restored automatically.  On the second time I called VZ to report the problem and they said they cannot connect to my router remotely.  I was advised to restore router to factor defaults and then it started working again but VZ said they cannot see my router and will ship a replacement.

My question is I currently have an ActionTec revision F router and the replacement is a revision E.  Besides having 802.11N are there any other differences between the E and F Router?  Do you know if I can insist on a rev F or higher router?

Jim

2 REPLIES 2
eljefe
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV

Re: Rev f vs Rev E router

Message 2 of 3
(2,051 Views)

I don't know of any other differences, but don't you think it's reasonable to insist on at least a Rev F replacement, if not a Rev I, if for no other reason than 802.11n?

tns2
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Rev f vs Rev E router

Message 3 of 3
(2,006 Views)

The rev I supports MOCA 1.1.

See table on DSLREPORTS http://www.dslreports.com/r0/download/2065743~8951f1dcab65bbc80a582e4c7a3d9279/atspecs.jpg

Obviously a rev G or I would be better.  Or of course the Quantum Gateway router.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.