quick menu

Ring Doorbell

Ring Doorbell

Contributor rcaldas10
Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(229 Views)

IS my verizon router compatible with the ring doorbell system...spent 3 hours on the phone with Ring tech support and they are stymied...have model FIOS G1100 router...any ideas on getting it connected?

2 REPLIES
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 2 of 3
(212 Views)

You need to connect to the 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz WiFi band.

how would ring not know how their device connects?

Contributor DocJeff
Contributor
Message 3 of 3
(140 Views)

I have a Ring and the same router and it works. As the other poster said, you'll need to connect on the 2.4GHz network, not the 5GHz. Also, I find that the Ring has really weak wifi reception. I can stand on my front porch and get a strong 2.4GHz wifi signal on a phone/tablet, but the Ring complains the network is too weak, so I use a cheap ($30 Netgear) network extender to extend the 2.4GHz network to my porch.

Don't forget that you'll have to take the faceplate off the Ring and push the reset button to change the network settings.

If that still fails, try setting up your Ring standing next to your router. Can it see the network there? Do you have the 2.4GHz network on? 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
My Fios App

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios