Rock Ridge & Deen Still Road
x97ken

As i was driving down the road today, I was intrigued to see a gentlemen burying orange verizon cable.  I am intrigued to know how and where they connect verizon fiber optics to. and if the cable being laid is 5 miles down the road from me. Would you think it is a remote possibility that I would be included in their build out.

The road they were on is Deen Still Road & Rockridge in Lakeland, Florida & Polk CIty, Florida

Thanks,
Ken

0 Likes
Re: Rock Ridge & Deen Still Road
Motorworks
Enthusiast - Level 1

I stopped and talked to a worker from AT&T marking the underground AT&T fiber optics.  He said they were only asked to mark out Rock Ridge to Deen Still.    Verizon has already past the road going out Rock Ridge North of Deen Still past the park area.  The Verizon crew working on burying the (three) lines said they are not familiar with a roll out date and to contact the local office.  If you have ever done that you know it is an exercise in futility. 

Since I know a dozen people who would want a phone that actually works along with cable and internet within 2 miles of the Rock Ridge - Deen Still area I figured I would take the chance.  Bill Engvull answered and said "here's your sign!"  The CSR at Verizon had no idea what I was talking about regarding them adding any services or fiber optic based services in t he area.  They would be happy to add me to a list of those notified when services are available. I've heard that for eight years...

I went and spoke to one of the field workers who spends a great deal of time out in the area working on the phone lines from equipment issues.  Old Polk City Road- Moore Road - Walt Williams is fiber optic.  Moore Road has fiber optic that was paid for by the owner of R+L Carrier to Deen Still.  They have a Verizon wireless tower between Moore Road and Rock Ridge Road to the north side of Deen Still which is seeing losses due to being on the copper cable and equipment in the area.  Verizon wants to get it on fiber.  If they can cover a certain area they can get rid of a great deal of antiquated (problem) equipment and bring in a number of new services.  More than one field worker has indicated Verizon has an interest in selling this area off to another company and I would imagine a fiber already in the ground would help achieve that. 

I'm not sure which direction you are looking at but Bright House is also expanding services in the area since I spoke to the PSC about what options we have to get other providers in and noted their previous indication of no desire to expand into this area and Verizon's multitutde of equipment problems and prices related to some other areas.  You can actually speak with a person at Bright House.  They will also send a rep out to meet you, look at the area and give an idea whether it is possible as is or how many others you might need to make it feasible for them. 

Re: Rock Ridge & Deen Still Road
x97ken

It appears you and I are working out on this same project. Please message me privately with your e mail address and we will see how we can get this to work for the whole area.

Ken

0 Likes