Rollout Schedule
skitzthegemini
Enthusiast - Level 3
I'm in central Illinois.  Does anyone have any idea when FiOS will be available here?  Comcast has a monopoly right now and I'd LOVE to get away from them.
0 Likes
FiOS in Redmond, WA
OutrightLie

Hello,

I will be moving to Redmond, WA soon to start working for a certain software giant - I am sure you all can guess which. 

I would like to move into an apartment complex that has FiOS, preferably TV and Internet but just Internet is fine. Since I am not sure what apartment complex I will be living in, or what my exact address will be, I can't use the look up tool provided by Verizon.

Is there a coverage map somewhere, or can anyone recommend some nice apartment complexes in and around Redmond that I would be able to get FiOS at?

Thanks in advance!

-OutrightLie

0 Likes
Re: Rollout Schedule
Techman28
Master - Level 1
we currently don't have a timeframe for service being in Illinois at this time sorry 😞
0 Likes
DukesZ

I too am interested in a rollout schedule for FIOS.   I am in a suburb of Pittsburgh.   Some areas nearby are already receiving it.  

I find it very hard to believe that a company of the stature of Verizon does not have a project plan with target dates to roll out what is essentially a state of the art network.

I know it takes some work to lay the fiber cable, but someone must have an idea of when this will occur.

I am interested in upgrading my services and bundling them, but I do not want to make a two-year committment to Direct TV (thru VERIZON) if I could know that FIOS will be available within a short timeframe.

Come on and just give us an idea of when the FIOS rollouts will occur.

0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1
ok I don't have any info on Illinois as we currently don't offer serivce there I could give you an idea for the pittsburgh suburb if you tell me what it is
0 Likes
dconfer
I would love to know if their are plans yet for central Pa. Clinton County Lock Haven Castanea area. This 1.5 meg dsl from verizon is killing me. I am about ready to go to comcast for more speed. I cant get anymore speed from verizon but I am paying for 3 meg service.
0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1

it wouldn't be up there for a long time

0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1

Skitzthegemini,

please read the following regarding Fiber Availability in the network Verizon Fiber network  For Arizona, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, South Carolina, Washington, West Virginia and Wisconsin

0 Likes
cadgalva

I am in Glen Allen, VA and in the Carrington subdivision, when will FIOS service be installed?  It is in all of the subdivisions around, but not this one.

Message Edited by cadgalva on 05-14-2009 07:58 PM
0 Likes
Suzieq
It seems like New York State has a lot of areas served by Fios. We live in the town of Brighton, a suburb of Rochester New York. Is Brighton a possible new location for the service? We're champing at the bit!  

0 Likes