Re: Rollout Schedule
spacedebris
Master - Level 2
Most of the time, most companies dont give specifics for when they will be rolling service out to a specific area, this is to avoid the competition from going out a month before and then getting everyone in the area locked into a contract so they cant switch. Basically, they give only the most generic announcements. For example there was a press release a couple years ago that said that verizon's goal was to have the fios service run to the entire verizon footprint (except for the most remote locations) by 2020.  And they will also come out and say. "we plan on running our service to select area's of Washington DC in 2009" (for an example) but wont say that it will be on 5th st or say it will be in november. They try to keep it as vague as possible to keep it from the competition for as long as possible. Its a marketing ploy.
Suzieq
Excellent thought. I suppose I'd better wait until Time Warner starts offering some super deals, then maybe I'll know they somehow got wind of something!
0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

You can go to the FIOS page and enter your phone number to check availability, and to be notified . Do this on a regular basis and get your friends to do it. It may speed the process if there is a large demand.

http://www22.verizon.com/residential/fiosinternet/

0 Likes
Suzieq
Gee thanks for the advice however, I searched the page and see where to put in my information to see if Fios is available in my area (it's not) but no place to enter information to be notified. My vision isn't all that hot so maybe I missed it on the page, can you provide some more information as to where it is on the page? Ya know I'm trying to get modern but they don't make it easy do they...thanks again.
0 Likes
prisaz
Legend
Sorry but if Verizon does not serve your market area at this time, it may not give you the option to be notified. Verizon serves my area and the option to be notified was there.
0 Likes
Suzieq
Thanks, makes sense, I suppose. Verizon does have wireless service here but I guess that's not good enough, sigh. I will sit patiently by the window with my hands folded waiting......   :-).
0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@Suzieq wrote:
Thanks, makes sense, I suppose. Verizon does have wireless service here but I guess that's not good enough, sigh. I will sit patiently by the window with my hands folded waiting......   :-).

Wait, in 2005 I was chasing the trucks with the rolls of orange fiber conduit. Smiley Wink

Good luck and 20 beats 1.5 any day.

0 Likes
JimmyK814
I live in Altoona, PA. I have heard rumors that FIOS will be available here late summer or early fall. I've been holding out switching from cable to satellite in hopes of FIOS availability soon. Does anyone know if this rumor is true?
0 Likes
indigo

Would anyone be able to provide me with specifics for when VZ will be expanding its fiber in 15232.  I am currently in 15206 and loving the service, but I may be moving and looking at the poles the fiber stops 1 block from where my new property may be which is in 15232.

Thanks! 

0 Likes
Masseur
Any ideas about La Palma, CA 90623 area?  U-Verse is starting to advertise here that their TV service is available.  I'm currently on Time Warner, but interested in Verizon FIOS.  Currently on TimeWarner I'm getting 15MB down and 2MB up, so it's not a huge issue to switch, but I like Verizon, have them for my Cell Phone.  Thanks.
0 Likes